Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day Nine Dominica: Back on Track

The internet is a little slow, so I will add pictures later. All the well-wishes you sent for internet connectivity was successful! Connections remained strong at the College all day. However, they were a little sketchy at the hotel in the evening again.
Showing the possibilities with Moodle is inspiring. No matter what their technical skill level are, the lecturers that make appointments with me are eager to learn!
I have also introduced them to Symbaloo, a social bookmarking site. However, most of them do not have a lot of tools or links to put in there. If I get time in the next couple of days, I will get them into Twitter. They were at a blogging session before, so maybe we can go over that again if they are interested. And they are usually interested!
They take extensive notes of what we do, ask good questions and are appreciative when they are given time to figure out what to do and how to do it. I really am enjoying working with these kind people.
I have noticed that they are so polite that even those opting out of these session continue to pop in to tell me why they have not been back in to see me. Very polite people, even though many have been struck ill by my presence :)
I am starting to count down the days and nights. Bittersweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment