Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 8 Dominica: More Moodling

Another fantastic day! This group is Moodling like crazy. We went through course settings and embedding. At the same time, they learned about SchoolTube and Voki. They enjoyed this so much, I may have to show them ImageChef, BigHugeLabs and Blabberize.

They embedded video and web images on the course page, on a web page within their course and in a block on the side. They also played with the HTML code to resize the images so they would sit side-by-side on the screen. Some continued to work on quizzes as well.

We also began setting up the gradebook for their courses. Weighting of categories and items took a while to figure out, but we got it.

Yesterday, one teacher brought me a bag of snacks - Tamarind Balls, Coconut Tablet, Gooseberry Jam, and what I would call Peanut Brittle, but she had a different name for it. Today she brought me a bracelet with my Zodiac sign on it. Another student brought me mangoes. Did I mention how much I am enjoying this group?

 Not much else to report, though. We only have a day and a half left together! So sad. Tomorrow will be building a lesson in Moodle. Scary stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment